CHANGING BLOG ADDRESS

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS:

I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved the whole blog to a new address. Please join me over there as no new posts are being added here and I have removed key info from this old version ...


PLEASE GO TO THE NEW ADDRESS:
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com


When you get there, PLEASE rejoin as a "follower" - changing addresses means I lose my 230 lovely friends!



NB also - all comments are intact on the new version.


Saturday 20 June 2009

READERS AND OPPORTUNE CHOCOLATE MOMENTS


Hooray for lovely blog readers who actually DO bring me chocolate!


I was in The Children's Bookshop, Edinburgh today, allegedly signing, but really pretending to be quite happy that we had only sold two copies of Deathwatch, including one to my neighbour. And then there was a voice from behind me, "Lovely shoes!" (As you will see in this pic which I include this just to show you that you don't have to wear pointy heels to get into the shoe hall of fame).

At this point, a very nice person called Jude introduced herself and said she was a reader of my blog. Well, this was a refreshing change from not selling any books, so we chatted away about this and that. And off she went.

Only to reappear twenty minutes later with .... CHOCOLATE. This wasn't just chocolate: this was Coco of Bruntsfield chocolate, which is seriously special luxury organic chocolate. I think it feasible that I could get them to offer me some more just for praising them a few times. I am not above a bit of product placement.
(Coco, please call me. I am always in to people like you. Green and Black's have just knocked me back - pah! - but I am nothing if not easily swayed to different loyalties. I have always loved Coco chocolate, when I can afford it. Which I could not today.)

So, Jude, thank you! That was so kind. May you find time to turn your "sort of" writing into "definitely" writing.

Now, here is something I am never likely to see again. Because, of course, next time I walk past the window they will all have been sold ...

(I realise you may not quite see what you are supposed to be looking at but that there is my book, filling a bookshop window. A rare sight. Thank you, Vanessa! And of course, let's not forget that you have already sold around 150 copies!!)

Meanwhile, please do keep your Submission Spotlight entries coming.