CHANGING BLOG ADDRESS

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS:

I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved the whole blog to a new address. Please join me over there as no new posts are being added here and I have removed key info from this old version ...


PLEASE GO TO THE NEW ADDRESS:
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com


When you get there, PLEASE rejoin as a "follower" - changing addresses means I lose my 230 lovely friends!



NB also - all comments are intact on the new version.


Tuesday 11 August 2009

POINTY THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: 1 - MOUNTAINS

Since I don't have time for full blog posts this month, I thought I'd give you a series of brief thoughts to think. Pointy thoughts, to go with pointy shoes.

Pointy Thought One:

The world does not owe us a book contract: we have to work for it. We have to suffer and develop blisters on our brains and RSI in our wrists. It's not meant to be easy. Easy is for lazy people, and we cannot be lazy if we want to be successful. As Neitzsche said (or German words to this effect): the more painful and blistery the climb to the top, the more goddamn brilliant the view.



Ah, sorry - not such a good example.

Here's a better one:



Or this:



And you know something? I'll give you a subsidiary pointy thought for free. (Note to self: they're all free, you idiot. Ah, yes, I forgot.)

Subsidiary pointy thought: there's a lot more hard work and a lot less luck involved than some people would have you think.

So, if you want to be published, a) make sure you deserve it and b) be prepared to fight for it. Be prepared to sweat and shed tears. And yell HOORAY from the highest mountain when you reach the top by your own effort.