CHANGING BLOG ADDRESS

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS:

I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved the whole blog to a new address. Please join me over there as no new posts are being added here and I have removed key info from this old version ...


PLEASE GO TO THE NEW ADDRESS:
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com


When you get there, PLEASE rejoin as a "follower" - changing addresses means I lose my 230 lovely friends!



NB also - all comments are intact on the new version.


Friday 23 January 2009

PS re COMMON WORDS

Following on from the most recent article (below) and inspired by the eager reader who enjoyed that vocabulary lesson so much that she suggested I explain some more common words, including blad, I have found this handy glossary produced by OUP - also now in link in righthand menu. It will tell you more and yet spookily less than I did. It's useful, but in a somewhat uninspiring sort of way. A bit like monosodium glutamate. Though it will also be good for you. So more like wholemeal flour, then. And absolutely nothing at all like chocolate.

Thank you, OUP, for being so useful. Meanwhile, could you all please read the OUP one first and follow with mine? Remember when you were a child and you had to eat your greens before you got dessert? Well, this is just like that.

Here 'tis: http://www.oup.co.uk/authors/glossary/