CHANGING BLOG ADDRESS

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS:

I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved the whole blog to a new address. Please join me over there as no new posts are being added here and I have removed key info from this old version ...


PLEASE GO TO THE NEW ADDRESS:
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com


When you get there, PLEASE rejoin as a "follower" - changing addresses means I lose my 230 lovely friends!



NB also - all comments are intact on the new version.


Tuesday 23 June 2009

EIBF - BOOKING HAS OPENED!!

A reminder about the Edinburgh International Book Festival - booking opened yesterday and some events are sold out. Workshops tend to go very quickly because they are so small, and, indeed, my workshop on The Perfect Approach is fully booked.

BUT, there are plenty of bigger events and the vast majority have lots of places available. Many won't sell out but some will. So, DO book your places without delay.

I am doing several larger events of interest to aspiring and up-and-coming authors - "How to Make a Publisher Say Yes" (covering everything from the writing of the book, to submitting it, and what sort of things publishers/agents want), "Fight For Your Rights" (essential for writers at all stages; and I have got Lorraine Fannin, ex chief-exec of Publishing Scotland and guru on Intellectual Property Rights/Copyright/foreign rights, to be in the audience and answer the stuff she knows more than me about), and "Writing for Older Children" (jointly with Viv French).

Then I'm on a panel called "Getting Published" too.

I'm also chairing a couple of events - "Writing in a Recession" (Mark Le Fanu, Gen Sec of the SoA, is the brilliantly knowledgable speaker ) and the "Monkeys and Type-writers" one, about how/whether we can learn to write. I'd love it if you came to these and asked lots of piercing questions. It's horrible when not enough people come - then the speakers think no one like them, and we are sensitive souls. (You should see the mutual comforting that goes on in the Authors' Yurt afterwards ... Helped along by the free booze.)

Please let me know if any of you are coming to any of those events - I'd love to see you! And I am still contemplating having a blog picnic ... You interested?