CHANGING BLOG ADDRESS

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS:

I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved the whole blog to a new address. Please join me over there as no new posts are being added here and I have removed key info from this old version ...


PLEASE GO TO THE NEW ADDRESS:
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com


When you get there, PLEASE rejoin as a "follower" - changing addresses means I lose my 230 lovely friends!



NB also - all comments are intact on the new version.


Thursday 12 March 2009

LITERATURE IS SAFE

Fear not, everyone: I have a new discovery which will save the future of literature.
There's a company called Cocoa Farm (the sort of farm even I could work on) which is based in Australia (PLEASE can I come and visit??) and which makes .... read it and DROOL: "wine chocolate". I have Pinot Noir chocolate in front of me right now but I happen to know that they also do Shiraz flavour. And if Scotland decides to follow that ridiculous doctor's advice and taxes it, I'm going to Australia. Obviously, I'll miss the wind and rain and sleet and nasty cold slushy stuff that we seem to have at the moment, unusually, but hey.

And if anyone from Cocoa Farm is reading this - it was my pleasure. I'm cheap: a year's supply and I'm yours. Mind you, a year's supply is fairly substantial in my case.

To any of you who are wanting my serious publishing advice back:
  1. I apologise - today's news about possible chocolate taxes was a crisis but I'll be back on track next time.
  2. This is serious publishing advice. Chocolate provides the pleasure which offsets and therefore delineates the pain of the artistic struggle. It bridges the existential void betwixt author's angst-ridden mind and the reader's eager heart.
Meanwhile, if you don't mind, I need to sample the pinot noir chocolate. I may be some time.