CHANGING BLOG ADDRESS

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL READERS:

I HAVE MOVED!

I have moved the whole blog to a new address. Please join me over there as no new posts are being added here and I have removed key info from this old version ...


PLEASE GO TO THE NEW ADDRESS:
www.helpineedapublisher.blogspot.com


When you get there, PLEASE rejoin as a "follower" - changing addresses means I lose my 230 lovely friends!



NB also - all comments are intact on the new version.


Friday 29 May 2009

STROPPY AUTHOR'S BLOG


I bring you a blog that I like
, partly because a "stroppy author" sounds as though she would get on very well with a "crabbit old bat". I feel we could share many glasses of wine and bars of chocolate together and still not finish being stroppy and crabbit.

So, here it is: The Stroppy Author's Guide to Publishing.

Her words of stroppy wisdom are directed at those of you who are either published (but still confused - and this will apply for a very long time after publication, perhaps even for ever) or on the verge of being so (many of you), or keen to know how to deal with it if you were. And that should include all of you, because it is never too early to learn, though it is sometimes too late. Or at least later than it might more happily have been.

Spurred on by the growing pressure from my blog readers (bleeders? breeders?) to impress them with my boots if ever I am spotted in public, I was going to go boot-hunting today, following the tantalising advice of Barb, but it's so sunny that instead I am going to have to expose my legs in the garden. And if that is not a sufficiently frightening thought to keep you all firmly indoors working on your WIP, I don't know what is.